Frequently Asked Questions
No there's no fee's with this
Yes, the app and controls are shareable to other household members as well.
You should be able to register 2 doorbells at the same time to use.
You have to take it off of its mount and take inside and charge it using any 5 volt mini charger. Takes about 6 hours to be fully charged
There are 2 options you can select for purchase: a 35 foot strand or a 70 foot strand. We bought 2 of the 70 foot strand and the box does state 70 feet. Just be sure when purchasing that you select the length you need.
You are Bluetooth connecting to the lights, not WiFi. You need to go to your settings and under Bluetooth make sure you have the find new devices set up. This will then allow the app to pick up on the lights so you can control them through the app.
Thank you for taking the time to report the issues you are experiencing with your XODO product.
Your XODO product relies on the following three (3) items to be connected and working properly in order for the device to work as it should:
1. Your home wireless (WiFi) network
2. Your XODO’s product connection to your WiFi network 3. Your mobile device’s (tablet or phone) connection to the internet or WiFi network
If at any point in time any of these devices are unable to communicate with the internet or the WiFi network you may experience a lack of connectivity or an alert within the application. We recommend you do the following before submitting additional feedback:
1. Begin by rebooting (turn off, turn on) your mobile device. Many times an application update that has gone through will be the cause of the smart product not being detected. Please refer to your owner’s manual for your device on how to do this as some devices have the ability to be “restarted” (reboot) while other devices you need only to power off and then power on. NOTE: DO NOT FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE.
2. While your mobile device is rebooting you may also want to reboot your home network. Many home networks have one (1) device which is both the modem and the WiFi router – you may manually disconnect this device from power or turn off the surge protector the device is connected. Please wait 15 seconds before plugging the device back in or turning on the surge protector. For network setups that have a separate modem and router please turn off both at the same time. NOTE: Always allow up to 5 minutes for the network devices to come back online – some may take up to 10 minutes depending on the device and model. Remember, turning off these devices will interrupt network and internet signal to other devices on the network and it will not be restored until your network comes back up.
3. Once Step 1 and Step 2 are complete begin by also rebooting the smart device. This is done by either removing the battery or resetting the device. NOTE: Please follow the device setup instructions on the manual for each device you are trying to reconnect. If you are still having issues with your device connecting please see “Other Possible Issues” section.
Other Possible Issues
1. Since home networks are very common in urban areas there is a chance that other home networks in the area may be causing interference with your own network. Interference may also be caused by building materials used in the construction of your home. These materials include but are not limited to: concrete, metal/aluminum sidings, dense woodwork, and other materials that radio signals may have a hard time penetrating can also cause this issue.
2. Your home network device may also have a limited range. You may call your ISP or refer to the device manual in order to find out if your device has a large enough range to connect to your smart device. For example, if your modem/router is located in the upstairs room of your house and you are connecting to a device downstairs the range may not be sufficient to connect your smart device.
We ask that you please try the following steps and get back to us with your findings. The worst case scenario is that while your product did originally pass Quality Control at the factory, through transit or other means the radio chip within the device has become inoperable or defective. If your device is within our 1-year limited manufacturers warranty this item can be replaced for you at no charge.